Okay, I was supposed to do this on Monday, but it got away from me. Thanks to Lucy Jane Bledsoe for tagging me in this, and to Melissa Olson and Deborah Blake for agreeing to be tagged for next Monday. Here are seven questions about my most recent book:
1. What is the name of your character?
2. When and where is the story set?
In two bordering kingdoms, Altura and Mahnoma.
3. What should we know about him/her?
He’s a sword jockey, which is the equivalent of a private eye in his medieval-ish world. As a young man he did some terrible things, and now he tries very hard to make up for them by doing what’s right. He has a girlfriend, Liz, who is equally tough and smart.
4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
Sixteen years prior to the main action, he rescued a baby girl from danger and left her with a kindly farm family. Now, fate brings him back into her life, and once again she needs his help, with the danger now coming from a possibly insane king, a mysterious sorceress and a giant, semi-human monster.
5. What is the personal goal of the character?
To live up to his word to protect Isadora.
6. What is the title of this novel, and can we read more about it?
7. When was the book published?
January 2014, from Tor/Macmillan. Also available in unabridged audio from Blackstone.